Best Work Tote: Functional Yet Stylish
Entering the workforce can be a scary and exciting time in your life. You’re finally entering the professional world, and you need to come organized and prepared.
You’re on the cusp of your newly forming career, and you’re probably thinking you need a new style to match this milestone in your life and make the ultimate first impression.
There is no better way to make a great first impression other than starting your first day with a stylish and professional work tote.
If you’re the vintage type and think briefcases are the way to go, here’s the scoop on why you should give work totes another chance:
- Tote bags have an easy grip and over the shoulder straps that make long days on the go easy on your body.
- Totes also come in a variety of sizes so you can choose one that works best for you and your work needs, whether that be something smaller to keep you to cut down on clutter or spacious enough to carry everything you need throughout the day.
- Totes are praised for how lightweight they can be due to the various fabrics that allow them to work for you instead of against you.
We totally understand that what you bring to work to hold and carry all of your personal and work items is your livelihood.
We all want to make sure you are not only organized but prepared for whatever lays ahead for our workday. But functional doesn’t mean boring, and we’re here to tell you can get the best of both worlds.
Below are the best of the best work totes out there that are not only functional no matter how you are starting out in the office but extremely stylish too.
Nylon totes are a great way to carry your work essentials around in a lightweight tote.
You can even fold them flat, which makes them great for traveling.
Nylon totes are even praised as being a great introductory work tote, especially if you are just entering the workforce and are figuring out your own work style.
They also tend to be a bit more affordable than leather alternatives, so they are even better for those who are waiting for the first adult paycheck and need something affordable and easy to use in the meantime before deciding to pick up something a little more advanced for your needs.
In addition to their affordability, they are also easy to clean.
Nylon totes often have trolley sleeves, which are sleeves on a bag that slides over the luggage handle, enabling you to keep your bag balanced on your suitcases with wheels, like a carry-on. They’re definitely a neat thing to have when you’re traveling for work or on the go between meetings and need all your bags close together.
And depending on the material, they can look just as sleek and sophisticated as their leather equivalents.
If you’re still mulling it over, let’s summarize and pros of a nylon tote:
- Quick Clean - Super easy to clean due to the durable fabric.
- Gets Things Done - Great first starter work tote that also shows that you mean business.
- Leather, Who? - Get nearly the same look and prestige of leather until you’re ready to upgrade.
So if you are just starting out in the work world and want to make a big impression with a tiny budget, nylon is definitely for you.
Let’s say you’re past the nylon and are no longer the fresh-faced, deer-in-the-headlights newbie in your workplace.
You’re definitely more seasoned now. You don’t hit snooze on your alarm clock as many times now, and you’re starting to get a better feel for your work environment and have made the realization that you’re starting to acclimate to your new position is starting to dawn on you.
Sounds like you’re ready to upgrade to a canvas tote.
The canvas tote is definitely more functional, like you are now, especially if you want to go for a more breezy and casual look.
Canvas totes are also popular for their size and can typically hold a lot more, especially if you want to cross it over as an after-work tote for on your go needs.
As an added bonus, the extra space also brings more opportunities to organize.
The canvas tote is great if you carry your work around with you all day, like some of us definitely do.
Canvas totes are also ideal for storing any last-minute items you accumulate throughout the day, from the various tech devices you need for work to even leftovers from your daily business lunch-ins.
If we haven’t convinced you already, let’s breakdown the pros of the canvas tote once again:
- Super Durable - The pliable canvas fabric makes it great for storing lots of items you need to execute your workday.
- Classic Look - Want something more classic in style? The canvas is perfect for conveying that aesthetic.
- Day and Night - Looking for a bag that will seamlessly switch over from #workmode to #beastmode for all you after five activities? The canvas is definitely down for the challenge.
You’ve graduated from the nylon and deserve to upgrade to show that you are rising up to the challenge in the workplace.
Do yourself a favor and get yourself a canvas tote to show your developing personal and professional growth.
So you’re now at a point where you’ve “been there, done that” with the nylon and canvas totes.
You’re headstrong in the office now. You get up before your alarm goes off (proud of you!) and even bring coffee in for everyone on your team. You probably even know their exact orders by heart, which is a godsend for those early morning meetings.
You’re now starting the meetings before the boss gets there and can command the room with your confidence.
Now it’s time for you to upgrade in your work tote journey.
You’re now ready for the suede tote.
Suede is the next best step up for many factors, including its weightless feel and gentle-to-the-touch textures.
These soft to the touch bags are usually paired with features such as metal clasps, delicate braided straps, and even silver or gold chain straps.
Suede totes also give off a very warm and cozy style, which is definitely great for the cooler months of the year.
And, best of all, suede totes definitely pair well with your suede shoe collection. So if you have multiple suede booties, heels, and even flats, they will complete your work #OOTD. Definitely a win-win for your work style goals.
We feel like we’ve definitely convinced you it's time for a suede tote upgrade, but we want to run through the list of pros once again:
- Super Soft - Suede is extremely soft, so you know you’ll always get a soft-to-the-touch feel when out and about during your nine to five grind. It’s so soft, in fact, that you may find yourself absent-mindedly stroking it to relieve some of that mid-day tension.
- Looks Cozy - Because of its soft texture, suede just plain looks inviting and gives off a warm aesthetic. This is especially evident during the fall and winter months when you can pair it with more earth tone colors.
- Pair It - Since suede is a common fabric (we’re talking about your favorite suede booties, heels, and flats), you can easily pair your suede work tote with your suede shoes to complete a powerhouse work place look that will be the talk around the water cooler for days.
If the anxiety of keeping suede clean is keeping you from considering suede, there are a lot of easy and inexpensive ways to keep it looking as great as the day you got it.
Take a chance on a suede work tote upgrade. You deserve to celebrate your success with a suede work tote that is there to reflect your growth.
You’ve made it full circle. You’re now getting up an hour early to work out or enjoy a cup of coffee to reflect on the day because you are definitely on top of things and can afford the time to dedicate to your #selfcare.
You’re probably even coming in earlier than the boss and are getting things organized and done well before your AM meetings.
Being on top of things is an understatement. You’re pretty much running the whole show and absolutely killing it.
Do yourself the favor of upgrading to the alpha of all professional totes— the leather tote.
Yes, YOU! You’re totally a workplace megastar and need the swag to show it off.
Leather totes definitely need no introduction, as they are the symbol of class and sophistication.
It’s natural to assume when someone enters the workplace with a stunning leather work tote, they mean business and are going to get things done.
Leather is also extremely sturdy and will last a lot longer than most other types of tote fabrics, which means you’ll be making a worthwhile investment in a work tote that can definitely handle your new roles and responsibilities, and all the papers, folders, etc. that go along with it.
Face it; leather IS the defining look for professional status.
Since we adore leather so much, we want to go over again why you’re ready for this next big step in your professional style:
- The Epitome of Professional - When trying to pull off the professional workplace look, it gets no better than leather.
- Long-Lasting - Full grain leather is extremely durable and even gets more beautiful with age. When you invest in leather, you’re investing in quality.
- Durable for You and Your Needs - With your growing professional needs, you’re going to need something that can keep up with your workload. Because leather is strong and can hold a lot of weight, it makes it perfect as a work tote.
Now that you know how amazing leather work totes are, you should be ready and prepared to incorporate it into your new, professional work style.
Ditch The Briefcase and Work the Tote
You deserve to have a work tote that can meet all of your workplace needs.
Regardless of where or how you are starting out in your new professional career, you’re going to need a tote that can handle all of your workplace needs.
And there is even a type of work tote that is there for you along the way:
- Get started with a low-maintenance nylon bag to get you accustomed to your new workplace roles.
- Move along to a canvas tote to show off your classic side and fabric that will stretch with your ever-increasing workload and responsibilities.
- Upgrade to a suede when you’re finally getting a handle on things and can show off your warmth style
- Finally, end with a leather bag as a fitting example of your prominent place in the hierarchy of the office power structure.
If you think you can’t marry functional and style with your trusty work tote, definitely think again, because these work totes obviously prove otherwise.
Now that you have all of these great work tote options, you can tackle anything head-on; nothing can stand in between you and what the day brings.
After all, you’ve got a secret weapon; you always come prepared with your reliable tote.