Work bags: Fashionable Work Bags for a Day at the Office
Are you feeling uninspired or just altogether bored by your work bags lately?
Maybe you feel that you need a complete and utter work bag collection overhaul.
Or maybe you feel like you could just invest in a good work bag in general because your old backpack or laptop bag just isn’t cutting it.
Well, to that, we say, out with the old and in with the new!
There are many reasons why you should always be down to reinvent your work bag collection:
- Trends and style changes - You don’t want to be left in the dust with a work bag from years ago that you don’t even remember the designer’s name or what collection it came from. C’mon, we know you can do better than that.
- It’s good for the soul to change things up - Even something as small as getting a new work bag can make you feel so much better about yourself and your personal sense of style. You’d be amazed at how much it can be good for your soul.
- Your own style changes after a while - Let’s face it, our own style changes every few years, so it’s good to change our accessories with it. If you won’t wear an old sweater that you outgrew, why would you keep the same work bag if it no longer is part of your style?
If you answered yes to any of those questions or if any of these instances resonated with you, it’s definitely time you start looking into new work bag options.
You deserve to feel like your accessories speak your creative style story. After all, this is how we make our best first impressions— when we put our best style forward for them to see.
Lucky for you, we compiled a list of our favorite types of work bags that we know you’re going to want.
So take notes of what you like and don’t like and explore the different ways you can diversify your bag collection.
Although most people assume that totes are only good for shopping or running errands, while that may be true to some extent, totes can also be extremely fashionable work bags as well.
We’ve chosen the tote as a fashionable work bag for the following reasons:
- Nylon totes - If you are looking for a simple, even starter tote, for your work bag tote fashion collection, a nylon tote is a great starter tote. Because of its easy to clean, slick, and durable material, it keeps your bag’s interiors safe while repelling liquid from its surface. Since its material is so easy to wipe down, it is also easy to clean as well. Also, nylon material can also look just as polished as leather fabric so you will be getting the benefits of both style and functionality.
- Canvas totes - If classic, simple, and timeless is something you’re after and you’ve got plenty of nylon totes, definitely check out a canvas tote as your next tote bag purchase. Canvas as that clean and crisp look so you will look fresh wherever you go with it. It is also extremely pliable, so you can load your tote up as much as you want without worrying about it losing its form.
- Suede totes - For those of you wanting a more textile look and feel for your work tote, a good choice would be a suede fabric tote. Not only do they look and feel soft and gentle, but they are also easy to clean. Suede has a very nostalgic touch to whatever it’s made of, so you can definitely work that to your advantage for your work outfit wardrobe however you see fit.
- Leather totes - The iconic fabric for all handbags, satchels, and clutches, the leather tote is the epitome of professional style and class. Not only do leather totes just look all-around great, but their leather fabric also ensures that you have a waterproof and hard shell bag that can withstand almost anything the day tries to bring you.
There are many different styles of handbags as well that you can use to take to work to show off your style.
Some of our favorites include the following:
- Woven Tote - Traditionally made of straw, these now use stronger fabrics like leather. The woven tote features material that is intricately woven into the bag.
- The quilted tote - The quilted tote is made famous by its exterior quilted design, which gives it a very surreal texture that will add layers to your work bag style. You can get them in a variety of colors and patterns, choose whatever suits your style needs best.
- The shopper bag - This stylish square-shaped tote, although typically used for shopping, has become more popular as a stylish work bag tote due to its durability and many designer lines creating improvements upon its design.
- The reversible tote - The closest you’ll probably ever get to having a magical bag like Mary Poppins, the reversible tote allows you to invert it to create a whole new different look that you can play around with. New tote, who dis?
There are definitely other types of totes out there for your choosing, so definitely don't feel limited by our sections.
We encourage you to research these different styles and fabric types so you can pick the work tote that is just right for you.
So this should be a given, but you would be surprised at how many people don’t think that they should invest in a proper work handbag?
Although we believe you can never have enough handbags, we understand some might not feel the same way and feel that it’s not worth or maybe they feel like it wouldn’t work with their style.
Well, to all of that, we humbly will have to disagree because there is a perfect type of handbag out there for everyone, you just have to go looking for it.
To help you out, we selected a few of our favorite handbags that we feel are diverse enough to offer something to someone:
- Fringe Purse - This fun 1970’s throwback handbag can either be worn in its original form or as one of its modern interpretations. For those of you unaware, the fringe handbag consists of shredded leather material that outlines the fringe of the bag. It will definitely get you a lot of looks and will be a great conversation starter.
- Half-Moon Handbag - This crescent-shaped purse has a very uniquely different bag design but is still a great handbag nonetheless. It’s also simple enough that you won’t feel like it’s being too bold for your fashion taste while also being subtle enough to garner quiet notice.
- Saddle Handbag - This equestrian-themed petite handbag gets its name from its horseshoe-like shape and comes with a flap cover that can either be fastened with a belt or with a button fastener. We particularly dig this handbag because it is very compartmentalized meaning it has many different compartments such as pockets that are fastened away with buckles and belt straps.
- Teardrop Handbag - As the name implies, the teardrop purse features its signature teardrop-shaped in the form of the over the shoulder strap and comes in either an open or zipper-closed compartment. Functionality-wise, it checks all the boxes for handbags but we think it is exceptional due to its lovely teardrop design.
Handbags definitely don’t have to be boring and you can certainly play with different styles and types to see which ones best fit you and your style needs.
If you are looking for something that is more studious than a handbag or a tote, a satchel might be the very thing for you.
If you weren’t aware, it has had a very interesting life span so far— they’ve been around for thousands of years.
Traditionally used as a backpack for students, the satchel has now taken on a new life as a different version of the handbag.
Satchels have sometimes been referred to as either totes or handbags and both terms are actually incorrect.
Satchels are actually the following:
- The satchel doesn’t come in different materials and styles like the handbag and the tote do. The satchel is known for its signature design which includes the brown, hard-shelled leather exterior, front clap covering, shoulder strap, and handles on the top. Very little ever changes for the satchel design so that is one way to spot the difference between the two bags.
- Design intentions are completely different. The totes and the handbags were created to carry such things as groceries and personal items and are considered fashion accessories in their own right. The satchel has also been considered to be more of a straightforward facebook bag before it became a popular bag accessory in the fashion industry.
Now that you know what a satchel is and can spot the differences, you should definitely open yourself up to experimenting with this type of bag design, especially if you are wanting something is definitely timeless but also serves a functional purpose as well.
You may not agree with us but we stand by the fact that clutches are great work bags, even though some people consider them to be too slim to be a bag.
And to those people, we say pooh-pooh.
A clutch is totally a great work bag to have and they all don’t come in super sleek designs where you feel like you can’t put anything other than credit cards in them.
Still not convinced?
We’ve picked out a few of our favorites that might change your mind:
- Clasp Lock Clutch - This adorable clutch is definitely large enough for you to put your necessities away, such as wallet, cellphone, car keys, and even your favorite lipgloss. It is also subtle and classy enough that you don’t notice it right away, but you can’t take your eyes off it when you do. These bags often feature magnetic closures rather than clasps these days, making them appear even more sleek!
- Box Clutch - Another traditional type of clutch, the box clutch, comes in the classic square design and is typically polished with acrylic and sometimes glitter. This is definitely a great work clutch to have if you want to incorporate some fun and attention with your wardrobe choices.
- Accordion Clutch - The accordion clutch is extremely chic due to its interesting design structure in where the main compartment of the bag opens up to what looks like accordion bellows. It’s a very intriguing and unexpected design, which will make you and others love it that much more.
See? You can totally use a clutch as a work handbag if you believe in yourself and check out the different types of styles that we suggested.
Get a Fashionable Work Bag that Works for You
If you think you can’t mix work and fashion, especially with your work bag collection, we seriously hope you reconsider this notion.
As we all know, our careers can get pretty hectic during the daily grind, and sometimes we feel like we can lose ourselves amongst the hustle and bustle of it all.
But having a designer work bag that you can bring with you every day to show off your own personal unique style can also help ground you during the chaos of it all.
You owe it to yourself to get a quality designer work bag so you can tackle the day’s craziness with your stylish flair.
Now we want you to go and take a good, hard look at your bag collection and really think about what you see.
Are these bags telling your past or your present? Do they really convey your personality and style, and most importantly, do they bring your joy or excitement?
If you are having issues trying to figure these questions out, it may be time that you let yourself explore different types of bag styles so the world, not just your workplace, can see the crazy cool and unique you for who you really are.