High-End Women's Clothing: Must-Have Items for Your Wardrobe
Is it time in your life for a major closet overhaul? Maybe you’ve been wearing your favorite designer’s fall collection from years ago for too long and are starting to become uninspired.
Or maybe, you are ready to mix up your style for something more exciting or are wanting to try something out of your comfort zone.
We definitely understand that— it’s always good to go through your collection on an annual basis to clear out the cobwebs of last season’s wears in exchange for new and exciting pieces.
It’s time to unlock your inner design inspo and switch things up in your closet.
Now that you are ready to start new with your closet, we definitely recommend opting for high-end fashion pieces, if you haven’t already been doing so.
Adding high-end fashion pieces to your wardrobe will have the following added benefits:
- Stay in style - You'll have your thumb on the pulse of what is trending on the runways and will be able to work that same look in your own way.
- Durability - It’s not a secret that high-end clothing is usually made with better materials, which means that it will last as long as you have them in your closet.
It is time that you take the plunge and try something different.
So, what are you waiting for? Now, more than ever, is the perfect time for you to start collecting your high-end pieces.
Tweed jackets are definitely a must for all high-end fashion wardrobes.
Not only is it an extremely versatile fabric, but variations of it are almost always in the fall and winter collections of high fashion brands.
Normally associated with the academic look, tweed jackets have been increasingly popular for high-end clothing in the last couple of years.
Although tweed typically comes in a brown color or shade variations, tweed jackets also come in various colors like the following:
- Gray - stone, pewter, or steel
- Green - emerald, olive, or moss
- Patterns - herringbone, houndstooth, plaid, and etoile (for the liner)
You can also get tweed jackets in earth tone colors like muted yellows, emeralds, or burnt oranges.
Pairs Best - Tweed jackets are so versatile that they pretty much go with anything; however, they definitely pair best with a dark wash skinny jeans, a chunky heel, and a popover blouse.
A high fashion must-have for any wardrobe includes the stunning knee-high boot.
Knee-high boots are almost as versatile as the tweed jacket, but always look chic, no matter what season you are in.
They are also perfect for work, a night out on the town, or a romantic evening.
Popular styles of knee-high boots you might decide you need in your closet include the following:
- Animal print - leopard, cheetah, snakeskin, and crocodile
- Leather - full grain or embossed
- Suede - sheepskin or cowhide
Also, don’t forget to grab your knee-highs in these popular primary colors:
- White - cream, ivory, or beige
- Black - charcoal, jet, and midnight
- Grey - metal, slate, and steel
- Brown - caramel, walnut, and hickory
Knee-highs also come in a variety of styles like the customary side zippers and lace-ups.
There are also different heel variations you can play around with as well, including a block heel or a skinny heel.
Pairs Best - You can pretty much get away with wearing a knee-high boot with anything, but they definitely pair best with a mini skirt and a bulky pullover or a long sleeve crew neck blouse.
Cashmere pullovers are also a great high fashion wardrobe staple.
This luxurious material creates a soft and subtle shine in all pieces crafted from it. It’s also designed to lay loose on the body, creating a relaxed fit overall.
Because of its relaxed fit, this timeless pullover drapes over any problem areas nicely, giving you the comfort and confidence for you to rock any outfit you incorporate it into.
Next time you are shopping for cashmere pullovers, make sure you pick one up in the following colors:
- Gray - fossil, stone, and iron
- Red - burgundy, crimson, and ruby
- Black - pebble, raven, and metal
Pairs Best - This cozy pullover can be either dressed up or dressed down, depending on the occasion. It definitely pairs best with any wash of skinny jeans or chic trousers. It can even be paired with any type of heel to give it that extra oomph.
It’s easy to get lost in selecting the perfect blouse or trouser, but you should never skimp on a belt to tie it together.
One of the best high fashion accessory items you can have in your closet is the chunky belt.
Adding a wide belt to your high-end wardrobe is great for the following reasons:
- It creates an amazing hourglass shape and flatters the waistline.
- It helps cinch together any dress or tunic, thus giving it a high fashion look.
- You can wear it to dress up your office outfit or on a fun night out.
Pairs Best - This bold piece should be integral for your high fashion accessories collection. Wide belts pair great with a shapeless dress, tunic, or a large, oversized button up top.
Your next high fashion piece should definitely be a velvet dress.
Although initially popular in the 1970s, the velvet dress has taken on a life of its own with its timelessness and elegance.
This fluid and feminine dress piece has been a constant staple on the runaways of the likes of Dior and Prada for some time now.
One of the best reasons to have a velvet dress in your closet is that it can be worn on its own without having to overdress it with accessories.
When choosing your velvet dress, be sure you are aware of the fabrics and stay away from microfiber or stretch velvet.
Instead, look for velvet dresses that have the following fabric types:
- Silk velvet
- Cotton velvet
These velvet types will ensure you are getting the best quality velvet pieces possible that won’t wear out over time.
Pairs Best - The velvet dress is best when it goes solo. Avoid pairing it with other velvet pieces, like velvet heels, pumps, or flats. Instead, opt for pairing your velvet dress with fabrics like leather and denim to play with different textures.
We’ve lightly touched upon accessories such as the wide belt, but now let’s turn our focus to another must-have wardrobe item— the crossbody handbag.
It’s a fact that no high-fashion outfit is complete without a designer crossbody handbag.
With shortened straps positioned over both shoulders and the bag under your chest, the chic style of the crossbody bag adds a fashionable flair to the standard handbag.
Pairs Best - The crossbody bag really pairs best with any other of your high fashion staples. Pair it with your velvet dress and wide belt comb,o or slacks, tweed jacket, and your cashmere pullover for a refined ensemble.
This formal wear staple should also be nestled amongst your high fashion collection.
Clutches have often been thought of as high fashion pieces due to their versatility and ability to dress up formal wear or enhance the sophisticated look of something more casual.
It should go without saying their low maintenance quality is an added bonus.
Clutches can be customizable too. Although they are typically handheld, you can also add chains, straps, or a wristlet if you’re looking for some added security.
Pairs Best - Since the clutch always brings a regal touch to any outfit, it’s best if you pair it with higher-end items like blazers, silk or cashmere tops, and chic trousers with block or skinny heels.
The tried and true satchel is also another must-have high-end accessory for your cultivated collection.
As you are probably well aware, satchels have also been popping up on runways for what feels like forever. Therefore, satchels will always be high fashion for now and years to come.
But, what exactly are high-end satchel handbags?
- Fabric is key - Higher-end satchels will typically be made of natural materials like leather and suede. You won’t find a synthetic blend in the lower-quality versions.
- Durability - Since high-end satchel handbags are made from quality materials, you know your investment will last you a lifetime and longer.
- Stitching - A high-end satchel will have smaller stitches and more stitches per inch, indicating craftsmanship versus a lower quality satchel that will have mismatched, crooked, and unraveling stitches.
Pairs Best - Similar to the clutch, the satchel handbag can dress up any outfit and take it to the next level. Unlike the clutch, you have a little bit more freedom with a satchel handbag and can pair it with your favorite casual wear pieces in addition to your formal wear.
A Good Leather Jacket
Finally, the last piece that will really bring your entire high-end pieces together is a quality leather jacket.
Not only are leather jackets just plain cool, but they are also edgy enough to push any standard casual wear up a notch or give a formal look a more sleek touch.
This is the hero piece you will be using all year long.
However, it’s always good to get different types of leather jackets to experiment with your style.
Some of the following are high-end types:
- Cropped - If you want to have variations of the leather jacket in your closet, definitely grab a cropped version for a cool and exciting look.
- Vegan - There are vegan high-end leather jackets as well, which can consist of materials such as PVC, PU, and acrylic.
- Colored - Don’t think that leather jackets can only come in the standard black because high-end leather jackets can come in colors like burgundy, browns, and royal blues.
- Moto Style - The effortlessly cool moto style is also another high-end fashion staple and is the defining look of the classic leather jacket.
Pairs Best - The signature leather jacket really can turn up any outfit and make it feel more adventurous. A great way to pair it from our list is with the velvet dress and crossbody bag for a really multi-textual and dimension look.
Allow Your Collection to Flourish
Investing in high-end clothing means an investment into your own personal style.
The high-end staple pieces are tried and true for a reason; they have the versatility to go with pretty much anything while also elevating any standard look.
Another reason to add high-end pieces to your closet is that they are made with quality fabrics that stand the test of time. Their durability is another added bonus.
So, to wrap it up, the following should be your starter high-end fashion staples when creating your next collection:
- Tweed jacket - Take this academic style piece for a spin and really experiment with adding other more casual pieces.
- Knee-high boots - These boots were made for walking right off the runway and into your closet.
- Cashmere pullover - This soft and drapey pullover will turn any casual look into a sophisticated one.
- Velvet dress - add this classic textured piece to your collection for a touch of timelessness.
- Crossbody handbag - You don’t have to carry your entire life with you, and it’s more chic if you don’t.
- Satchels - For those of you who can’t part with your beloved handbag, satchels are a great high-end option too.
- The leather jacket - This iconic piece is and will always be making the rounds on the runways, no matter what variation or twist has been put on it.
It’s time to let your collection blossom with these high-end fashion pieces and to let your inner fashionista out.